Service Charge Certifications
Transparency and accountability are fundamentals for service charges.
Our aim is to assist property management agencies, chartered surveyors and property owners to meet their service charge obligations and obtain certification, by providing a flexible, value for money service. We also try to work with the managing agents and property managers, making them more efficient and the whole process cheaper. Our team has considerable expertise and many years’ experience in the field of service charge accounts and certification.
We are happy to agree fees and time scales for the completion of work in advance and are willing to have an initial meeting free of charge.
Services provided by our specialist accountants include:
- External service charge certification
- Reviewing service charge accounts for compliance with S.21 LTA 1985 & RICS Management code
- Ensuring recoverable and non-recoverable expenses are correctly allocated within the terms of the lease
- Providing handover reconciliations on change of managing agents
- Yearend adjustments and journal postings
- Attending AGMs and meetings with landlords and managing agents
- Annual Compliance Reports for RICS and ARMA for managing agents
- Preparation of statutory accounts for resident management companies
- Dealing with usual Corporation Tax and Income tax affairs of companies and trusts
- Providing comprehensive reports for all concerned